Verbs and Nouns for Koine Greek
Coil-bound paperback: 138 pages
Product dimensions: 8.5 x 11 x 0.25 inches
A Greek Morphology answers a practical need for those wanting to write and even speak Koine Greek with each other. It contains 196 verbs, 113 nouns and 35 adjectives and pronouns of Koine Greek all laid out in easy to read tables and charts. Here is a resource for teachers and students alike.
Some of the book’s features:
• An English to Greek index for finding many common verbs.
• All the basic noun patterns and adjective patterns are provided
• Verbs in the index are presented with both aorist and continuative infinitives.
• Tables are full and are not limited to occurrences in the Greek NT or LXX.
• Verb tables are given according to standard forms in the Koiné period. Occasional Attic differences are footnoted or placed in smaller type.
• Verbs are limited to attested vocabulary from authors like Josephus, Plutarch, and the Greek New Testament. Verbs from Homer and Epic poetry are not included.
• Verb Chart Sample
I use this invaluable reference more than any other. No other resource quickly places Koine Greek verb usage at my disposal. Whether trying to teach, write, or speak, this book is a godsend. It clearly lays out what a native Koine Greek speaker would have had inside their head. Until the day I can fluently produce Greek, this book will be close by my side.
– Newton Trowbridge, Greek tutor and enthusiast